If you panicked searching for information on where and how to file your Itax returns 2019 online.You are on the right page,We will guide you on How to File KRA Income Tax Returns Online on ITax portal,Deadline & Penalties.
Before i show you how to file your KRA returns,you need to have the following documents as they are a requirement.
- You should have KRA pin with you as it will enable you to log in and access the Itax web portal online.
- If employed.You should have your employer information with you.
- Ensure your employer’s information includes his KRA PIN.
- Request your employer to give you his P9 Form seeing it has almost all the information required when filing your returns.
- All financial statements should be close
- The mortgage interest certificate/Underwriter’s PIN/Insurance Premium Certificate
- Withholding tax certificates, if needed
- Any relevant documents regarding claims for deductions or income received
- You must also have at least an Laptop or a computer with you with internet access.
You can now file KRA returns by accessing the official KRA website and login in using your PIN and password.
Those within the income tax bracket can quickly and easily file their returns on the iTax portal.Below is a step by step guide on How to File KRA Income Tax Returns Online on ITax portal,Deadline & Penalties.
1. On the KRA website Itax portal , select the iTax button and proceed to enter both your KRA PIN and the password that was provided when you registered with KRA, in case you have never changed the password. Answer the simple Mathematics sum right under the Password box like like (16+4=??) and click on “Log in”.Be sure to answer this question correctly to allow you to log in.
Here is the link to KRA Itax Portal>>>https://itax.kra.go.ke/KRA-Portal/
2. After logging in, scroll to the navigation bar, and select e-returns icon, a set of options should appear. Scroll downwards and click on file returns.
3. Under the “Tax Obligation” box, proceed to select the “Income Tax- Resident Individual” option and click on “Next”.
4. You will then be required to download an excel sheet titled “IT1 Resident Individual Form”. This is the form that you will edit and fill and later upload when fully completed to the file returns online KRA portal.
5. Upon due completion of the form, select the time period for which you are filing the taxes.
Update the “Period From” and “Period To” fields and click on the button to agree to the terms then submit the return. The KRA system will validate the business PIN you entered and successfully complete your process to file KRA returns online.The portal will either generate a receipt for the received returns or an error message in case of unsuccessful submission.
In case you have lost your password or PIN, you can easily reset it to avoid paying the penalties if you fail to file the returns by the deadline June 30.
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) requires all citizens with a KRA Personal Identification Number (PIN) to file their returns, including those who earn below the taxable amount – that is, a Nil Return.
In April 2018(Last year), the taxman introduced new rules governing the filing of Nil Returns in order to reduce cases of tax evaders who file Nil Returns.Failure to which you will be fined Ksh. 20,000.
The new rules require Nil Return filers to explicitly declare that they do not have any other source of income through the online iTax platform.
KRA accepts complaints or queries as a way of improving their service delivery. Complaints can be lodged in KRA either in person at the Times Tower Building, the nearest regional office, tax service center or Huduma Centre.
You can also email them at [email protected] or contact their customer care number: 0711099999.
SOURCE: KRA WEBSITE
LIKED THE POST???SHARING IS CARING…
!!!GET OUR LATEST POSTS BELOW!!!TO GET NEWS FROM OUR FACEBOOK GROUP (CLICK HERE)